September 26, 2010

Backtrack - Sept 22







































I thought I would post something I wrote from Sept 22:

I went to the Museum of Chocolate this morning. Of course, I got lost going there, but I have just
resigned myself to the fact that I will need to ask about a million people for directions whenever I am going to a new place. At least I can understand what they are telling me. I realize that I am used to the more linear street system in Philly as opposed to the more circular one here. Since it is a very old city, it has sections with tiny, tiny spidery streets and it only takes about 5 seconds to get totally off the beaten path.

Once I made it there, the entrance was only 3.85 euro and the entrance ticket is a bar of dark chocolate. Yum! Most of the information about the history of chocolate, I already knew. What was really cool was the chocolate sculptures/creations that they had on display (as pictured above). They had everything! There were some funny things -- a big Easter egg with the pope's face on it and a re-creation of the Pieta. After I was done the exhibit, I went out into the little courtyard they have which sits in between the Museum and the Chocolate Confectionary School that appends the museum. The school's kitchen has glass walls, so you can look at all the students (aka attractive European boys) scurrying about in their chef hats creating various chocolate things. I then sat at the cafe and had a cup of chocolate (of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment