September 20, 2010

Some things remain the same...

Weather forecast - torrential downpours of rain...am I in Philadelphia? For the second time since I have been here, it has been raining. But today really took the cake. It was overcast this morning and then at about 6:18 pm, the heavens opened. Praise the Lord that I took my umbrella with me this morning!

Tigre and I had a bit of a tiff this morning. He gets shut in the living room/kitchen area at night so that he doesn't wake anyone up by scratching at doors. This morning, when I got up, he wanted to be let out into the rest of house, but my here-sister Ana, was still sleeping. So I wouldn't let him. Well he jumped right up on my sink and gave me a nice little bite on my hand. I still love him though, I can't help it. :)

Since I am assuming you don't want to hear about my homework, here are some pictures.

This cool street is in the hip neighborhood of Gracia

Casa Vicens by Gaudi - a lot of tourists don't see this one; it is one of his earliest works

I took this pic while waiting for the rain to slow down a bit, only about 3 doors down from my house. I gave up eventually and just made a run for it!

"Puding" from the restaurant Allenda - it tasted like flan, but better. :)

3 comments:

  1. "Puding" - Oh my goodness! What's on it - is that all caramel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is it true that the rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain? Now that you've had a chance to check it out, I had to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mindy - I suppose it is true!

    @Rob - No, it was some sort of bread/crumb topping. The white part tasted exactly like flan, the caramel sauce all over was also like the topping for flan. The darker stuff actually tasted a bit like coffee or rum, I couldn't quite place it.

    ReplyDelete